Strategic trends come and go, but only one book on strategy has stood the test of time. The Art of War by Sun Tzu, was written over 2000 years ago. Yet in spite of globalisation and modern technology it still endures as the foundation for all sound strategic thinking. Its value in influencing business warfare has never been disputed and it is must-read text in all major military academies of the world. The Art of War is not just about warfare. It is the winner’s mindset. It shows you how to win without a fight and how to apply Sun Tzu’s strategies and tactics into your business to gain competitive advantage. After all, the business world is like a battlefield. This programme is offered by IEMD Graduate Business School in cooperation with International Education College, Renmin University of China.
From organisational culture to competitor activity, we will delve into the impact that both internal and external factors have on your business. We will explore the strategies and tactics to shift these influences in your favour, all within the context of your environment.
- Organisational culture
- External environments
- Competitor analysis
- Manoeuvrability (timing and momentum)
- Intelligence gathering- how to obtain it, how to hide it, and what to do with it (deception)
We will dig below the theoretical surface and explore how strategy is all about gaining competitive advantage.
Benefits to You
- Gain an appreciation and good understanding of The Art of War particularly the winner mindsets for thinking and decision making;
- Gather insights into strategic thought;
- Produce a clear written direction on how to apply The Art of War to your business, ready to implement these principles when you return to your organisation;
- Establish a network of like-minded individuals who also seek competitive advantage.
Who Must Attend?Entrepreneurs, business owners, managers, key industry players, and business consultants wanting to:
- Gain a competitive edge over their rivals
- Understand what strategy really is
- Find a proven method that is not just a 'flavour of the month' but has been proven on both the corporate and military battlefields.
As the programme is conducted in English, a good working knowledge of the language is essential. If English is not your first language, we may require evidence of your proficiency.
The fee for this programme starting in 2018 is £6,700.
# Fee is subject to annual review. No payment is necessary until you have been accepted into the programme. After admission notification, we will send you an invoice via email. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. If you have submitted your application less than 30 days prior to the start of the programme, payment is due upon receipt of the invoice. Payment is required prior to the programme start date. We accept payment by cheque or direct bank transfer. Details are included on the programme invoice. Please note that there are no local taxes chargeable on this fee.
To avoid a cancellation or transfer fee, we must receive your cancellation, in writing, no less than six weeks before the programme starts.
Please email email@example.com for more information.